- 1 whole garlic head
- 1 (3.5-oz.) package sun-dried tomatoes, packed without oil
- 1 cup water
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp. chopped, fresh rosemary
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 can (15.8-oz.) can Great Northern beans, rinsed & drained
InstructionsThis can be prepared a day ahead and refrigerated.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Remove the white, papery skin from the garlic head – but do not peel or separate the cloves. Wrap the head in foil. Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes; cool for 10 minutes. Separate cloves and squeeze to extract garlic pulp. Discard the skins.
- Bring 1 cup water to a boil in a saucepan. Add tomatoes; cover and remove from the heat. Let stand 10 minutes. Drain tomatoes in a colander over a bowl, reserving ¼ cup liquid.
- Place garlic pulp, tomatoes, ¼ cup reserved liquid, oil, and remaining ingredients in a food processor – process until smooth.
- Serve with pita chips or similar.
This recipe first appeared in the January 2016 edition of the HealthPerks newsletter.