Enjoy something sweet with this easy seasonal dessert!
- 3 granny smith apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup pear slices
- 1 cup frozen cranberries
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- 1½ cups oats
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ½ cup pecans
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash, peel and dice your apples, then combine loosely with the frozen cranberries, pears, honey, lemon juice and spices. Place the mixture into a pan and spread evenly.
- Next, combine all ingredients for the topping and sprinkle over the fruit mixture.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until the fruit is tender and the topping is slightly browned.
- Let cool, then serve and enjoy!
This article first appeared in the December 2022 edition of the HealthPerks newsletter.