Salads are the perfect side because they can be dressed up or down depending on your needs (or what’s in your fridge!). A fresh salad is the perfect side to clean the palette or brighten a meal.
- 1-2 bags of mixed greens
- ¼ cup diced tomatoes
- ¼ cup diced cucumber
- ¼ cup diced bell pepper
- ¼ cup avocado
- ¼ cup chopped hard boiled egg
- ¼ cup diced cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Dressing of choice
- Lightly rinse and drain ingredients before chopping (¼ cup each).
- Place ingredients in a salad bowl along with 1-2 bags of mixed greens.
- Mix gently with tongs, spoons or salad tosser. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add dressing of choice or leave on the side.
- Serve and enjoy!
Optional add-ins: to make the salad an entree, try adding some bacon and cubed chicken!
This article first appeared in the December 2020 edition of the HealthPerks newsletter.