Trying to eat healthy during the holidays can seem like a drag, but it doesn’t have to be! Try some of this healthy and delicious side dish to spruce up your next holiday meal.
Friends and family will be shocked to learn about this delicious and healthy alternative to mashed potatoes. Pro tip: your kids probably won’t be able to tell the difference!
- 1 medium-large head of cauliflower, cut into quarters
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 2 tbsp. sour cream
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Use a steamer bag or boil water and steam cauliflower and garlic until soft.
- Drain and blend cauliflower and garlic cloves just until mixed. Avoid over-blending, which can make a soup-like consistency.
- Add the butter, sour cream and buttermilk. Fold in with a spatula.
- Salt and pepper to taste and enjoy!
This article first appeared in the December 2020 edition of the HealthPerks newsletter.