Friends and family will be shocked to learn about this delicious and healthy alternative to mashed potatoes. Pro tip: your kids probably won’t be able to tell the difference!
- 1 medium-large head of cauliflower, cut into quarters
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 2 tbsp. sour cream
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Use a steamer bag or boil water and steam cauliflower and garlic until soft.
- Drain and blend cauliflower and garlic cloves just until mixed. Avoid over-blending, which can make a soup-like consistency.
- Add the butter, sour cream and buttermilk. Fold in with a spatula.
- Salt and pepper to taste and enjoy!
This article first appeared in the December 2020 edition of the HealthPerks newsletter.