Trying to eat healthy during the holidays can seem like a drag, but it doesn’t have to be! Try this healthy and delicious side dish to spruce up your next holiday meal.
Though it may sound simple, roasted asparagus is a delicious and healthy side that can spruce up any holiday meal.
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ cup shredded parmesan
- A pinch of Italian seasoning
- Salt, pepper and lemon to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly rinse, drain and set aside asparagus spears.
- Cut the ends of the spears (about 1 inch).
- Coat in olive oil, parmesan, Italian seasoning and salt, pepper and lemon slices.
- Put asparagus on a baking sheet or tray and bake for 20-30 minutes or until tender.
This article first appeared in the December 2020 edition of the HealthPerks newsletter.