- 1 ½ cups pumpkin puree (canned or fresh)
- 1 ¼ cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- baking spray
- 2 Tbsp pepitas (shelled pumpkin seeds)
- Make sure all of the ingredients are at room temperature, and the coconut oil is melted.
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with baking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, nutmeg, cinnamon, and salt with a wire whisk.
- In another large bowl, mix oil, egg whites, pumpkin puree, and vanilla. Beat at medium speed until thick.
- Add the flour mixture slowly and blend at low speed until combined.
- Pour batter into a 9” x 5” loaf pan, top with the pepitas, and bake on the center rack for 50-55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Makes 12 servings