Try this nutritious recipe!
- 4 large Portobello mushrooms, sliced into ½ inch thick slices
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos, low sodium soy sauce or low sodium tamari
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon miso paste
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- Fresh black pepper
- 4 cups mixed greens
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1 cup grated carrots or carrot ribbons
- 2 cups shelled edamame (thawed if frozen)
- Ginger miso tahini dressing
- Sesame seeds
- Bean sprouts
- Cook the mushrooms: Heat a large skillet over high heat. Add mushrooms, lower heat to medium high and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. As the mushrooms cook, they will release moisture. Meanwhile, mix the tamari, sesame oil, miso paste, and minced garlic in a small bowl. Once the moisture has burned off, add the tamari mixture and black pepper. Sauté until mushrooms have reabsorbed the liquid and have turned a golden brown.
- While the mushrooms are browning, prep the remaining vegetables, defrost the edamame, warm the brown rice on the stovetop or in the microwave, and prepare the dressing.
- Assemble: Starting with a bed of lettuce, divide ingredients equally between 4 wide shallow bowls or storage containers.
- Add optional toppings if desired, then drizzle with dressing./li>