Try this delicious pasta recipe.
What better way to start the spring season than by cooking with your favorite spring vegetables? This delicious pasta recipe uses vegetables that are now in-season like asparagus, peas, lettuce, and more.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- ½ pound spring onions, sliced
- ½ cup dry white wine
- ½ cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 ½ pounds asparagus, diced
- 2 cups shelled fresh peas
- 1 pound of spaghetti pasta (or whatever you prefer)
- 1 head butter lettuce, sliced
- ½ cup shredded, shaved or grated Parmesan cheese
- ⅓ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- In a large skillet, add olive oil and butter to melt over medium heat.
- And sliced onions and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Sauté onions until tender — about five minutes.
- Increase heat to medium-high and add white wine. Simmer for about three minutes until liquid is reduced to a glaze.
- Add chicken broth, bringing to a simmer. Set mixture aside.
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook asparagus until tender — about four minutes. Drain and transfer to a new bowl.
- Boil peas in water and cook until tender — about two minutes. Drain and add to bowl of asparagus.
- Add lettuce to onion mixture, stirring until wilted — about one minute.
- Combine asparagus, peas, cooked pasta, parmesan, and parsley in large serving bowl. Toss and season with salt and pepper before serving.
Makes 4 Servings.
This article first appeared in the May 2019 edition of the HealthPerks newsletter.