Enjoy the colder weather with this warm and filling recipe.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 yellow or red bell pepper, diced
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 can black beans, drained (15 oz.)
- 1 can diced tomatoes with green chilis (15 oz.)
- 1 can pumpkin puree (15 oz.)
- 1 can of corn (15 oz.)
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- ½ tbsp cumin
- ½ tbsp paprika
- ½ tbsp onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sour cream
- Lime wedges
- Tortilla chips
- Bring a pot to medium-high heat and add olive oil, garlic and onion. Once the onions are translucent, add the ground turkey and cook thoroughly.
- Once the ground turkey is cooked, add the vegetable stock, black beans, corn, diced tomatoes, pumpkin puree and tomato paste. Stir and add lime juice and all of the seasonings, then salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring the chili to a simmer and cook for half an hour. Taste and add extra seasonings or more salt and pepper. Let the chili cool and then serve and add any toppings you like, such as avocado, sour cream, cilantro, lime wedges, cheese or tortilla chips.
This article first appeared in the November 2021 edition of the HealthPerks newsletter.