Kick off the fall season with this delicious pumpkin soup that’s chock-full of antioxidants and fiber.
- 3 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 medium white onion chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tsp freshly chopped parsley
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup cream (replace with coconut milk for a dairy-free alternative)
- Salt and pepper
- Add pumpkin puree, onion, garlic, parsley, thyme, vegetable stock and water to a large pot and bring to a boil uncovered. Then reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Puree the soup with a food processor or use a hand-held blender.
- Add soup back to the pot and simmer for another 30 minutes. Stir in cream then salt and pepper to taste and serve!
This article first appeared in the September 2021 edition of the HealthPerks newsletter.