- 1 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups cooked quinoa (cooked according to package directions)
- ½ cup finely chopped red onion
- 3 cups packed baby spinach
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 ½ Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (or avocado oil)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- Combine the beans, quinoa, onion, and spinach in a mixing bowl.
- Whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, cumin and paprika in a small bowl.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss.
- Garnish with pine nuts.
Use any other kind of beans and experiment with other whole grains, such as barley, bulgur, farro or freekeh, in place of the quinoa.