Try this easy heart-healthy salad recipe.
Prep time: 10 minutes
- 10 ounces Spring Mix salad, butter lettuce or spinach
- 1 apple, pear or orange
- 1/3 cup toasted pecans, walnuts, almonds or pine nuts
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries, raisins or fresh pomegranate perils
- Feta, gorgonzola or goat cheese (optional)
Dressing Ingredients (makes ½ cup)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ½ tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced or pressed
- ¼ teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Arrange lettuce on four chilled plates.
- Place fans of apple, pear, or orange slices on lettuce.
- Sprinkle with cranberries, raisins, or pomegranate perils.
- Sprinkle with nuts.
- Crumble cheese evenly on top, if desired.
- Drizzle the dressing sparingly over the salad and serve at once.