Skip to main content
- 1/2 English cucumber, stripped, then halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1 cup (6oz) cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 yellow or orange bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1-inch julienne
- 1 medium shallot, sliced
- 4 Kalamata olives, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chiffonade fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 halibut (or snapper) fillets, each 5oz
- In a bowl, combine the cucumber, tomatoes, bell pepper, shallots and basil.
- Toss gently to mix. In a small bowl, whisk together the lime juice, 1 teaspoon of the olive oil, the honey, and red pepper flakes.
- Pour the lime juice mixture over the cucumber mixture and toss gently to mix and coat evenly. Set aside.
- Sprinkle the halibut fillets on both sides with salt.
- In a large, non-stick frying pan, heat the remaining 1/2 teaspoon olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the fish to the pan and cook, turning once (4 minutes on each side).
- Transfer the halibut fillets to warmed plates and top each with 1/4 of the salsa.
- Serve immediately.