What better way to kick off the summer than with a simple recipe for the grill?
Break out the barbeque and serve this quick and healthy main course at your next gathering.
- 1 pound salmon fillet, cut into individual portions
- Olive oil
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 2 tablespoons dried, minced onion
- Mix salt, garlic powder, parsley, basil and onion together. You can also make extra to store in an airtight container and use as homemade seasoning. The mixture should last in the container for about six months.
- Rub each piece of salmon with olive oil (about 1 teaspoon per piece) and sprinkle with seasoning mixture to taste (about ¼ teaspoon per piece).
- Place the fish on an outdoor grill (or an indoor grill pan), cover and cook over medium heat. Grill for about five minutes per side or until the salmon easily flakes off with a fork.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
This article first appeared in the June 2019 edition of the HealthPerks newsletter.