- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 medium ripe avocados, pitted and diced
- 1/2 cup loosely packed basil ribbons
- 1-2 handfuls of baby arugula
- 1/2 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Hemp seeds, for garnish
- In a small saucepan, bring the vinegar to a simmer over medium heat.
- Once the vinegar starts to simmer, reduce the heat to medium-low, and simmer for 6 to10 minutes, uncovered until the vinegar has thickened and reduced by half. Set aside to cool.
- In a large shallow bowl, combine the strawberries, tomatoes, avocados, basil, and arugula.
- Drizzle on the oil and gently toss until the veggies are coated. Season with salt and pepper and toss again.
- Drizzle on some of the balsamic reduction, then sprinkle with hemp seeds.
- This salad is best enjoyed fresh, but leftovers can be stored in an airtight container if needed.
Recipe created by Alexandra Regalado, Registered Dietitian and Nutrition Coach with El Camino Health's Lifestyle Medicine Program.
Click here for more information on Lifestyle Medicine, including available classes, locations and program tracks.