Try this nutritious recipe!
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 medium ripe avocados, pitted and diced
- 1/2 cup loosely packed basil ribbons
- 1-2 handfuls of baby arugula
- 1/2 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Hemp seeds, for garnish
- In a small saucepan, bring the vinegar to a simmer over medium heat.
- Once the vinegar starts to simmer, reduce the heat to medium-low, and simmer for 6 to10 minutes, uncovered until the vinegar has thickened and reduced by half. Set aside to cool.
- In a large shallow bowl, combine the strawberries, tomatoes, avocados, basil, and arugula.
- Drizzle on the oil and gently toss until the veggies are coated. Season with salt and pepper and toss again.
- Drizzle on some of the balsamic reduction, then sprinkle with hemp seeds.
- This salad is best enjoyed fresh, but leftovers can be stored in an airtight container if needed.