Strawberries and rhubarb are a match made in heaven – and they're both in season now! Why not whip up this simple frozen yogurt and satisfy your sweet tooth in a delicious and healthy way?
- 1 cup of Greek yogurt (full-fat or low-fat – don't use fat-free)
- 3 cups of fresh strawberries
- 1 cup of chopped rhubarb
- 4-6 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Wash, hull, and halve the strawberries and spread in a single layer on a parchment lined baking sheet along with the chopped rhubarb.
- Freeze for about three hours or until frozen through.
- Place all ingredients (starting with just 4 tablespoons of honey) in the bowl of a food processor, and pulse and blend until creamy – about 3-4 minutes.
- Taste and add more honey if too tart. Spread into a loaf pan (approximately 9 ½ x 5 ½ inches) and freeze for 30 minutes.
- Scoop into individual dishes and garnish with one or two whole strawberries.
This article first appeared in the May 2023 edition of the HealthPerks newsletter.