Kids and adults alike will love these tasty lunchtime quesadillas with a side of sweet salsa.
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 2 tbsp red onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- ½ jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- Sea salt to taste
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 whole grain tortillas
- 1 cup shredded low-fat cheese (of your choice)
- 2 cups cooked turkey breast, chopped
- To prepare the salsa, combine cranberries, red onion, lemon juice, cumin, jalapeño and salt in a bowl and cover to refrigerate.
- To prepare the quesadillas, heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil to the pan, followed by one tortilla.
- Sprinkle ¼ cup cheese onto the tortilla and top with ½ cup of turkey. Fold tortilla to close. Cook until the cheese is melted, 1-2 minutes per side.
- Repeat steps 2-3 for the remaining tortillas, adding a little extra oil olive to the pan if necessary to prevent sticking.
- Cut each quesadilla into four wedges and serve with prepared salsa.
This article first appeared in the September 2020 edition of the HealthPerks newsletter.