- 1 cup butternut squash, cubed
- 1 cup brussels sprouts, halved
- 1 cup asparagus, cut in 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup red bell peppers, cubed
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 2 tbsp avocado oil (or any vegetable oil on hand)
- 1 tbsp Mrs. Dash Original Seasoning
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tbsp dried rosemary
- 1/2 tbsp dried basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Rinse vegetables in a colander or strainer, draining all water. Cut the vegetables into 1-inch chunks (halve the brussels sprouts) and set aside.
- Use a cookie sheet or large non-stick pan. Place the cut vegetables onto a cookie sheet or large, non-stick pan, making sure vegetables aren’t still wet.
- Drizzle the oil over the veggies before adding seasoning. After the veggies are coated, sprinkle the seasoning on top. Use gloves or tongs to mix everything together.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45-60 minutes, or until tender. Toward the end of the baking time, spear the butternut squash or brussel sprouts (the starchiest of vegetables) to see if tender. Roasted veggies should appear browned but not burnt.
- Allow cooling time and enjoy!
Optional add-ins: Try sprucing up this recipe with some walnuts for texture or dried cranberries for some sweetness. This recipe works great for any starchier vegetable on hand!
This article first appeared in the November 2020 edition of the HealthPerks newsletter.