Enjoy this refreshing recipe at your summer gatherings.
Skip to Ingredients
- 8-10 leaves of romaine lettuce, washed and dried
- 1 can sliced water chestnuts, drained and dried
- 1 package of tofu (about 14 ounces)
- ¼ cup diced green onion
- ¼ cup shredded carrot
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp grated ginger
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp olive
- 3 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 3 tbsp soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Press the block of tofu between towels to squeeze out extra liquid.
- Heat up a skillet to low-medium heat with olive oil. Crumble in the tofu and cook until browned, then add in minced garlic, shredded carrot, water chestnuts, grated ginger and the red pepper flakes.
- Combine the sauce ingredients and add to the sauteed mixture. Stir and cook until the sauce reduces. Top the mixture with green onions.
- Wash and dry the romaine lettuce leaves, add desired amount of the sauteed mixture, then eat and enjoy!
This article first appeared in the July/August 2022 edition of the HealthPerks newsletter.