- 8 ounces firm tofu, cut into 1/2 – inch cubes
- 4 tsp Olive oil, divided
- 1 large (8-ounce) yam or sweet potato, peeled and sliced into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 large onion, cut into ½-inch chunks
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1-2 garlic cloves, finely chopped or minced
- 1 tsp. dried oregano or 1 Tbsp fresh
- 2 cups finely chopped Kale, spinach or chard
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 6 (9-inch) whole wheat tortillas
- In a medium skillet, heat 2 tsp olive oil over medium-high heat. Add tofu cubes and saute’ until golden brown, about 5 minutes, turning cubes to brown on both sides. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In same skillet, heat remaining 2 tsp olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add yam/sweet potato, onions, red pepper, garlic and oregano. Saute’ until fork tender, about 8 minutes. You can cover half-way through to speed cooking time. Add chopped greens and tofu to pan. Stir until greens are wilted and tofu is heated through.
- Meanwhile heat tortillas, one at a time, in a dry skillet to soften them, about 30 seconds on each side. Arrange 1 cup of the hot filling down the center of each tortilla, roll, and serve. Makes 6 servings.
American Institute for Cancer Research
Continuous Update Project, World Cancer Research Fund International. Diet, nutrition, physical activity and breast cancer survivors 2014.