Health Education & Screenings
Simply knowing you’re at greater risk for certain health conditions isn’t enough to protect you. You need to know how you can prevent them, what signs and symptoms to watch for, and what treatments are available if you have a health condition.
As part of our effort to support your health, we offer:
- Free health screening and community education delivered by physicians on hypertension, diabetes, heart & vascular disease, cancer, stroke, and other topics
- Diabetes Prevention Series: Culturally and linguistically tailored diabetes education programs based on the CDC’s Diabetes Prevention Program that emphasizes lifestyle changes to diet, exercise, stress-reduction, and sleep.
Chinese Health Initiative Health Fair
One of our signature events is our annual Chinese Health Initiative Health Fair — the only health fair specifically designed to meet the health needs of the Chinese community. It’s run by more than 50 volunteers in addition to nurses, clinical staff and Chinese-speaking doctors. Each year, we serve more than 400 community members during our health fair.
- Screenings for hypertension and diabetes.
- Educational workshops in Chinese.
- Consultations with doctors and dietitians.
- Health information and resources.
- Free Qigong demo class.