Our team works together and with other healthcare professionals to provide coordinated care and give children and families the support they need. El Camino Hospital’s pediatric care team members include:
- Anesthesiologists – Doctors who administer medications to control pain and support vital functions during surgery or other medical procedures. Our anesthesiologists are trained and experienced in providing safe, effective anesthesia for children.
- General surgeons – Surgeons who provide treatment for disorders and trauma in the abdominal region, endocrine system, breasts, soft tissue and skin.
- Orthopedic surgeons – Surgeons who treat injuries and disorders affecting the musculoskeletal system, including bones, muscles, joints, tendons and ligaments. Our orthopedic surgeons are highly skilled and experienced in treating conditions that affect children’s musculoskeletal growth and development.
- Nursing care staff – Your child will be cared for by specially trained registered nurses dedicated to your child’s comfort and safety. Our nurses will closely monitor your child’s well-being and ensure you have the information and support you need to care for your child after he or she goes home.
- Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital (LCPH) Stanford staff – Through our relationship with Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital, part of the Stanford University system, we offer 24/7 access to pediatric care from the LCPH hospitalists team if needed.
- Lactation specialists – These registered nurses have specialized training and experience in helping women and babies begin breastfeeding.
- Social workers – Professionals with education and training to help patients and families cope with health-related challenges. Our social workers work with children and families to deal with stress and difficulties related to a child’s illness or injury. They provide information about support and services at El Camino Health and in the community.
Your Opinion Matters
Because your comfort and well-being are important to us, we encourage you to take an active part in your care and welcome your feedback. Nurse managers are available to speak with you, and you may also call or write the patient experience team at 650-962-5836 or email@example.com.