Learn about what to expect when you have spine surgery at El Camino Health, and how we help you recover.
Your health and comfort are important to us. We'll ensure that you have all the information, resources and support you need during your recovery. Your care team will include doctors, nurses and rehabilitation therapists who will help manage your pain and help you recover quickly and safely.
A specialized nurse coordinator will assist you before and after surgery, ensuring you’re well-informed every step of the way — from pre-surgery instructions to information about anesthesia and your rehabilitation.
- What to expect during your stay – From immediately following your surgery through discharge and recovery — including help with planning care once you leave the hospital.
- Managing your pain – A variety of methods are used to minimize discomfort and make you comfortable after surgery.
- Protecting your spine – Recommended guidelines to protect your back while you’re healing and to avoid injuries long term.
Learn more about what to bring to the hospital by reviewing our hospital admissions and registration information. In addition, your nursing coordinator and care team will provide detailed information about your surgery.
Time to Return to Health
- Call your doctor to schedule elective surgeries and procedures.
- For questions, please call 408-866-3982 (Los Gatos) or 650-962-4914 (Mountain View).