We’re pioneering new procedures, training physicians from around the world on some of the newest medical techniques, and participating in several clinical trials. Highlights from 2014:
- 100 percent of patients who come to El Camino Hospital due to a severe type of heart attack (STEMI) receive treatment within the recommended time of 90 minutes or less.
- Our overall performance in the absence of complications and mortality after aortic valve replacement is in the top 5 percent in the nation.
- We received the highest rating awarded (four stars) by the American College of Cardiology in hospital performance for patients who have had a cardiac catheterization or coronary intervention.
- Our survival and complication rates after coronary artery bypass surgery are be er than the national average.
- We are a national leader in minimizing mortality risk in acute coronary interventions. Our results are among the top 10 percent in the United States.
“We’re able to treat the most complex cardiovascular issues,” says Vincent Gaudiani, MD, NM, HVI medical director, PAMF physician and cardiothoracic surgeon. “Our program consistently receives accolades and accreditations.”
Read the Norma Melchor Heart & Vascular Institute
This article first appeared in the Spring 2016 edition of the El Camino Hospital Health Beat magazine.