Volunteer Job - Participant Relations
The South Asian Heart Center offers a unique opportunity to work with a diverse and experienced team focused on reducing the incidence of diabetes and coronary artery disease in the South Asian community. Participant Relations Intern will help with office management responsibilities such as answering phones, scheduling/rescheduling clinic appointments, maintaining online charts, and managing changes to appointments. Students in public health and healthcare administration are encouraged to apply. Age requirement: 19+ years.
Give Back to the Community
This is an exciting opportunity to give back to the community, work with an amazing team of healthcare experts and community activists, engage in telehealth and leading edge technologies, enhance communication and behavioral skills, strengthen clinical knowledge, and make lifelong friendships with those with similar purpose and diverse backgrounds.
- Onboard program participants, provide details, schedule, and commitments
- Offer and schedule workshop, webinar, and laboratory appointments
- Schedule, reschedule appointments and manage participant payments
- Monitor participant assessment, intervention, and case-management flow
- Perform data entry of test results
- Conduct participant surveys, data analysis, and generate reports
- Update EMR (electronic medical records) and develop charting skills
- Participate in health fairs and monthly outreach health awareness events
- Enthusiastic attitude, strong work ethic, ability to work independently/ part of a team
- Strong computer application experience (MS office, Google)
- Strong oral, written, and inter-personal communication skills including patient/customer relations experience; English is mandatory
- Well organized and good attention to detail
- A quick thinker and problem solver
- 1 year minimum, with flexible start and end dates
- 2 week training period
- Estimated 10-12 hours/week requested, but flexible hours
- Flexibility to work remotely, weekdays between 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Gain and translate actual academic knowledge into tangible professional skills
- Build professional and peer contacts in the field