The El Camino Hospital Auxiliary is an organization of volunteers dedicated to making a difference in the lives of others. The Auxiliary provides volunteer services to the hospital, its patients and the community. It also grants scholarships for students pursuing a career in healthcare and provides financial support for special projects.
Volunteers provide valuable services at El Camino Hospital — without volunteers, some of these services wouldn’t be possible. Whether it’s providing transportation through RoadRunners, serving on a Foundation committee to raise funds for preventive care in the community, or offering comfort to patients and family members, volunteers are vital to the hospital.
Our volunteers come from diverse backgrounds and have different reasons for volunteering, but they all share something in common: the joy of giving back. With so many volunteer opportunities available, there’s a rewarding role to fit your interests and skills.
Volunteering allows you to make a positive difference in other people’s lives, but it also enriches your own life. Volunteering can:
- Allow you to apply your skills and expertise to an area you feel passionate about.
- Provide an opportunity to connect with others and socialize.
- Offer you a sense of accomplishment and joy in helping others.
- Keep you physically and mentally active.
As a volunteer at El Camino hospital, your service will benefit patients and their families, hospital staff and our community. And, there are some special benefits you’ll enjoy as a volunteer, including:
- Special pins for hours of service, and recognition for your efforts through an annual luncheon and special National Volunteer Week activities.
- Participation in hospital functions and relevant staff education classes (as available).
- Free tuberculosis screening and a flu vaccine each year.