When you join the El Camino Hospital Auxiliary, you have an opportunity to make a difference in your community. And, you’ll find that the satisfaction you feel from helping others will far exceed your efforts — whether you contribute a few or many hours. We match your interests and skills with our needs to help you find a volunteer role you feel passionate about.
Join the Auxiliary
In order to volunteer, you must become a member of the Auxiliary. Simply fill out an application (for applicants 18 and older) and email it to us or fax it to 650-966-9213. A placement counselor will call you to arrange a personal interview at the Mountain View or Los Gatos Auxiliary office.
In order to receive an adult membership, we require that you:
- Commit to 12 hours per month, for a minimum of six months.
- Undergo a background and health check.
- Provide an initial joining fee of $20. There’s an annual membership fee of $20 for subsequent years.
Junior Auxiliary Volunteers
For the protection of our patients, staff, and volunteers, El Camino Health has placed the Junior Volunteer program on hold, so we will not host a 2022 Junior Auxiliary Application Seminar.
Please check back in mid-January 2023 for information regarding the 2023 Junior Auxiliary Application Seminar.
Those who registered for the postponed March 2020 seminar (and are still eligible) will be notified of a new date as soon as possible.
How to Become a Junior Auxiliary Volunteer
Students who are at least 14 years old and have completed eighth grade are eligible to join the Junior Auxiliary Program in Mountain View and Los Gatos. Junior Membership requires a commitment of at least one year.
Please note that the El Camino Hospital Junior Auxiliary does not offer summer internships or programs lasting less than one year. Once a student becomes a volunteer, the student can stay through the summer after high school graduation.
As part of the selection process, the Auxiliary holds annual application seminars where we explain the application requirements and selection process to potential candidates – one in Mountain View for applicants at our Mountain View campus and one in Los Gatos for applicants at our Los Gatos campus.
Important information regarding seminar registration
Please check this page for information regarding registration to the Junior Application Seminar. The information is generally available mid to late January.
The program is highly competitive. There are a limited number of positions, so it is important to register at the specified time.
Important information regarding applicant requirements:
- Students must be at least 14 years old by the time they start volunteering.
- High school juniors are eligible to apply as long as they can start volunteering by the summer.
- Junior membership requires a commitment of at least one year of service.
- Details on attendance and unexcused absences will be provided at the seminar.
- Shifts are typically between:
- Three to 3.5 hours on alternate weekends in the morning or evening, or
- Two to 3.5 hours weekly in the late afternoons (up to 7 p.m. in Los Gatos and up to 6 p.m. in Mountain View) on weekdays or weekends.
Acceptance into the program is based on a completed application, teacher recommendations, service openings, and schedule match. If you have any further questions, please contact our Mountain View Auxiliary office at 650-940-7214.