When you join the El Camino Hospital Auxiliary, you have an opportunity to make a difference in your community. And, you’ll find that the satisfaction you feel from helping others will far exceed your efforts — whether you contribute a few or many hours. We match your interests and skills with our needs to help you find a volunteer role you feel passionate about.
Join the Auxiliary
In order to volunteer, you must become a member of the Auxiliary. Simply fill out an application (for applicants 18 and older) and email it to us or fax it to 650-966-9213. A placement counselor will call you to arrange a personal interview at the Mountain View or Los Gatos Auxiliary office.
In order to receive an adult membership, we require that you:
- Commit to 12 hours per month, for a minimum of six months.
- Undergo a background and health check.
- Provide an initial joining fee of $20. There’s an annual membership fee of $20 for subsequent years.
Junior Auxiliary Volunteers
Students who are at least 14 years old and have completed eighth grade are eligible to join the Junior Auxiliary Program in Mountain View and Los Gatos. Junior Membership requires a commitment of at least one year.
Please note that the El Camino Hospital Junior Auxiliary does not offer summer internships or programs lasting less than one year. Once a student becomes a volunteer, he or she can stay through the summer after high school graduation.
How to Become a Junior Auxiliary Volunteer
The Auxiliary appreciates the tremendous interest in the Junior Auxiliary program. The program is highly competitive, and there are a limited number of open positions available.
As part of the selection process, the Auxiliary holds annual application seminars where the application requirements and selection process are explained to potential candidates – one in Mountain View for MV applicants and one in Los Gatos for LG applicants.
Important information regarding seminar registration:
Please be advised that due to the current precautions El Camino Health is taking to ensure the safety and wellness of its patients, visitors, volunteers and employees we are postponing the Junior Auxiliary Application Seminar until further notice.
We will notify you as soon as possible as to the new date for the seminar. Please call the Auxiliary office at 650-940-7214 should you have any questions.
Important information regarding applicant requirements:
- Students must be at least 14 years old by the time they start volunteering.
- We will be accepting students entering 12th grade in the Fall of 2019 as long as they can start volunteering by the summer.
- Junior membership requires a commitment of at least one year of service.
- The El Camino Hospital Junior Auxiliary does not offer summer programs or programs lasting less than one year.
- Details on attendance and unexcused absences will be provided at the seminar.
- For more information click the links above.
- Shifts are typically between 3 to 3.5 hours on alternate weekends AM/PM or 2 – 3.5 hours weekly in the late afternoons (up to 7 pm in LG and up to 6 pm in MV) – weekday or weekend.
Acceptance into the program is based on completed application packet, teacher recommendations, service openings, and schedule match.
If you have any further questions, please contact our Mountain View Auxiliary office at (650) 940-7214.