Weight-loss surgery, called bariatric surgery, can change—and even save—your life. But, it requires a commitment to a new way of life. Our compassionate experts work with you every step of the way to help you maximize the health benefits of weight-loss surgery.
We offer education, guidance, support and a full range of weight-loss surgery options to help you lead a healthier, more fulfilling life. Our experts will provide you with all the information you need to make an informed decision, including:
- The benefits of bariatric surgery. Losing weight can change the way you feel about yourself and improve your physical health, and lower your risk of diseases such as heart disease, diabetes and more.
- How the bariatric surgery process works. Our experts will explain what you can expect during each stage of the surgery process, from choosing your options to maintaining your weight loss.
- Your surgical options. Your bariatric care team will help you decide which weight-loss procedure is best for you.
- Answers to frequently asked questions. You’ll learn whether you’re a candidate for bariatric surgery, what to expect after surgery, success rates and much more.
Bariatric Surgery Excellence
As you contemplate the decision to have surgery, consider the people who’ll guide and support you. The bariatric surgery team at El Camino Hospital has the expertise to help you reach and maintain your weight-loss goal. We partner with you to make sure you have what you need to achieve and maintain dramatic weight loss.
Highlights of our program include:
- Accredited excellence. We’re certified by the American College of Surgeons’ Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program (MSBAQIP). We’re also recognized by Blue Cross of California as a Center of Distinction; we meet strict quality measures to achieve this designation, and we’re the only hospital in the South Bay area to have it.
- Proven track record. We have more than 10 years of experience in bariatric surgery. We’re proud of our patients’ results and low complication rates.
- Expert surgeons. Our board-certified bariatric surgeons offer the latest treatment options. Most of the procedures can be performed laparoscopically—including robotic-assisted techniques—to minimize complications and offer a faster recovery. In fact, we’re the only hospital from the Bay Area to the Monterey Peninsula to offer bariatric robotic-assisted surgery.
- Dedicated nurses. We were the first Bay Area hospital to be recognized for nursing excellence with Magnet status—the gold standard in nursing care from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Our bariatric surgery nurses understand your concerns.
- Specialized rooms. El Camino Hospital offers special accommodations and equipment in a dedicated bariatric unit for your comfort and convenience.
- Unparalleled support. Our Bariatric Surgery Program provides the classes, training and support you need before, during and after surgery to help you achieve the best possible results.