Our palliative care team collaborates with providers from varied disciplines in an effort to bring you the best care. We help manage symptoms of your disease and side effects of your treatment. We also know that illness can take an emotional toll, so we offer services to support you and your family every step of the way.
Our team includes:
- Palliative care doctors – Doctors who specialize in treating the symptoms, side effects and emotional difficulties that are caused by serious illness.
- Nurse practitioners – Work with doctors to manage symptoms and treatment side effects in patients.
- Registered nurses – Skilled specialists who take a leading role in care. They may assist doctors with patient care and treatment, in addition to helping patients and families cope with illness.
- Social workers – Help coordinate care and link you to community resources as you recover.
- Spiritual Care Counselors – Provide spiritual support to you and your family.
- Pharmacists – Work with the care team and patient to provide medication that can help with management of symptoms.
Your Opinion Matters
Because your comfort and well-being are important to us, we encourage you to take an active part in your care and welcome your feedback. Nurse managers are available to speak with you, and you may also call or write the patient experience team at 650-962-5836 or email@example.com.