Conditions & Treatments
Going through a serious illness can bring about emotional and physical distress. Our palliative care program aims to help you and your family regain comfort and well-being. We draw from a variety of services at El Camino Health — including wellness services such as spiritual care, art therapy and more.
Palliative care is an excellent complementary service for the following conditions:
- Cancer, at any stage.
- Lung conditions, including chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
- End-stage liver disease.
- Brain illness, such as stroke, ALS, dementia and Parkinson’s disease.
- Heart failure and other heart conditions.
- Kidney failure and hemodialysis.
- Conditions that require patients to use ventilators or feeding tubes.