At El Camino Health, our urology health team delivers all levels of care, from prevention and wellness resources to treatment and lifestyle management.
A Team Approach to Care
Our urology health team includes experienced healthcare professionals who draw on the most innovative treatments and high-tech advances to deliver the most effective care for you.
El Camino Health’s urology health team includes:
- Urologists – Doctors who specialize in the evaluation and treatment of disorders of the male and female urinary tracts and male reproductive organs. If surgery is recommended, they are trained to perform traditional and minimally invasive procedures, such as robotic-assisted surgery.
- Urogynecologists – OB-GYNs who specialize in women's pelvic floor conditions, such as urinary incontinence and pelvic prolapse.
- Physician assistants – PAs are nationally certified and state licensed to practice medicine and prescribe medication on healthcare teams with doctors. They have trained for three years and put in 2,000 hours of clinical rotation.
- Nurse practitioners – All licensed and certified NPs complete a master's or doctoral degree program, and have advanced clinical training beyond their registered nurse preparation to be qualified to treat certain medical conditions without the direct supervision of a doctor.
- Registered nurses – RNs are licensed clinicians who have completed a three-year associate degree, a Bachelor degree in nursing or a hospital-based diploma program. They can receive specialty training and be credentialed in urologic, medical-surgical, radiology medicine and other specialties.
- Imaging specialists – These medical professionals train and specialize in technologies and methods for diagnosis. Specialists include sonographers and MRI, CT and nuclear medicine technologists.
- Registered dietitians – Our food and nutrition experts have Bachelor degrees from accredited programs. They administer medical nutrition therapy as part of a medical team.
- Physical therapists – PTs are licensed healthcare professionals who use specially designed exercises and equipment to help patients improve their physical abilities and reduce pain. Pelvic floor specialists are PTs who specialize in pelvic floor muscle training. They customize an exercise program for each patient to treat specific pelvic floor needs.
Your Opinion Matters
Because your comfort and well-being are important to us, we encourage you to take an active part in your care and welcome your feedback. Nurse managers are available to speak with you, and you may also call or write the patient experience team at 650-962-5836 or firstname.lastname@example.org.