Foot & Ankle Care
If you have foot, heel or ankle pain that doesn't go away, our orthopedic experts can help. Whether you’re experiencing pain from improperly fitted shoes, a sprain or broken bone, or a chronic condition, our experts are experienced at diagnosing and treating a wide range of foot and ankle conditions.
After assessing your condition, our orthopedic care team will find the best solution for you. In some cases, it can be as simple as properly fitted shoes or prescription orthotics (foot supports) or other devices. In other instances, you may require more advanced treatment or surgery.
El Camino Health's foot and ankle experts treat common problems, such as:
Foot and Ankle Surgery
If your condition requires surgery, you can trust our experienced team of foot and ankle surgeons. Our specialists perform a variety of advanced procedures, including correction of foot deformities, as well as any related reconstructive surgery.
Conditions that can be surgically treated include:
- Bunions, which are deformities of the joint at the base of the big toe.
- Complex fractures of the foot and ankle.
- Deformities caused by arthritis or congenital (from birth) abnormalities.
- Ruptures and shortening of the Achilles tendon, which connects your calf muscle to your heel.
- Severe tendon problems due to inflammation, injury, illness or congenital abnormalities.
While a few surgeries require an overnight stay in the hospital, most foot and ankle procedures are performed as outpatient surgeries.