There are many ways to achieve wellness. Our programs include educational lectures, exercise classes and more. Join us for an event to learn something new and improve your well-being.
Dayan Qigong Classes
Dayan Qigong is:
- An ancient and widely practiced Qigong in China.
- Proven to be safe and effective for all ages.
- Certified by the Chinese government as one of the 10 types of Qigong with proven evidence of health benefits.
These classes are designed as a eight-week session, with two sessions available each year. You pay the tuition directly to your instructor. We offer a free introductory class at the beginning of each session. Call 650-988-3234 for more information, or Sign up for emails that alert you to upcoming CHI events.
Many Chinese dishes are high in salt. High-sodium diets can lead to health issues, including hypertension. The Chinese Health Initiative offers nutrition workshops to help you improve your diet. You can listen to our low-sodium diet workshop online, conducted in Mandarin by Barbara Chang, RD, Clinical Nutrition Manager of Nutrition Services.
Dietitian services are offered through our Health Library & Resource Center, located in the lobby area of our Mountain View campus. We offer sessions in English or Chinese. You’ll learn about simple changes in your diet that can allow you to keep enjoying your favorite food while improving your health.
- The sessions in English are offered on the first and third Friday of each month, from 12:30 p.m. to 2 p.m. Call 650-940-7210 to schedule an appointment.
- The Chinese speaking dietitian is available on the second Wednesday of each month from 10 a.m. to 12:30p.m and second Friday of each month from noon to 2:30 p.m. Please call us at 650-988-3234 to schedule an appointment.
CHI Wellness Talks (in Mandarin)
Wellness talks are designed to support your health and well-being, as well as offer advice that integrates Western and Chinese traditional medicine approaches.
You can listen to some of our wellness talks online:
- Chronic Pain and Minimally Invasive Spinal Surgery
- Hay Fever and Asthma
- Three-Part Series: Nutrition and Food Therapy in Traditional Chinese Medicine (in Mandarin)
Through the three classes, you will:
- Understand how TCM views diseases.
- Understand how TCM categorizes diseases.
- Understand the role of food and food therapy in TCM.
- Be able to plan a proper diet and eat according to your diagnosed condition.
Instructor: Victor Cheng, graduated with a Bachelor of Arts from the University of California Berkeley and went to China to study Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM). He received a degree from Shanghai University of Traditional Chinese Medicine and is a licensed TCM doctor in China. He has clinics in San Jose and Ukiah.
- Community Wellness Series