If you or someone you love is struggling with drugs or alcohol, we’re here to help.
The Scrivner Center for Mental Health & Addiction Services' evening outpatient Addiction Services Program offers expert care and support for adults seeking help for a substance-use disorder or chemical dependency.
The El Camino Health Difference
We take a more inclusive approach to treating substance abuse — we believe in not only removing the substance, but helping people lead a healthier lifestyle.
Another distinct benefit of our program is our highly skilled staff, which includes licensed psychotherapists, masters-level registered nurses, and masters- or doctorate-level psychotherapy interns. Our team provides a full range of psychiatric assessment and treatment for symptoms co-occurring with a substance-use disorder.
You’ll work with a licensed therapist specializing in addiction treatment and receive comprehensive, individualized care. Additionally, there’s a psychiatrist on staff to provide a full assessment of your symptoms. Because substance use is often linked with anxiety or depression, it’s important that all symptoms are addressed in treatment. This allows for a more holistic approach to addiction treatment.
Personalized Addiction Services
Our Addiction Services Program uses a "Stages of Change" model that promotes the power of the individual to change his or her behavior, in a nonjudgmental and supportive setting.
Addiction specialists provide comprehensive treatment, including:
- Coaching in communication, setting healthy boundaries, assertiveness training, uncovering shame, distress tolerance skills and forgiveness. These are essential pieces of treatment to begin the healing process.
- Assistance in identifying appropriate support groups, such as Alcoholics Anonymous or Narcotics Anonymous, and obtaining a sponsor to help build a strong foundation for future wellness.
- Instruction and practice in mindfulness and relaxation skills and techniques.
- Psychiatric evaluation and assessment for co-occurring disorders.
- Psychological testing, if appropriate.
- Identifying a comprehensive relapse-prevention and contingency plan.
The twelve-week program includes:
- Three sessions each week, from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m., including weekly individual sessions that assess goals.
- Friends and Family Group from 4:30 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. on Fridays.
Throughout the program, you’ll meet regularly with your therapist to go over your progress and ensure you’re getting the care and support you need. After completing the program, you’ll receive ongoing support for a year — at no charge — to continue building on what you learned and achieved in the program.
Addiction Services are supported by donations to El Camino Health Foundation.