Your needs and priorities are unique and constantly changing as you grow older. That’s why we have services and resources that can be assembled to provide the individualized support and care you need.
As you age, making the years as healthy, enjoyable and meaningful as possible may involve drawing from a wide range of resources. At El Camino Health, you’ll find many of the services you need right here. We’re here to guide you and your family in finding the resources and information to make the right healthcare choices.
We offer a wide range of services to assist you, including:
- Specialized clinical services. We have multidisciplinary teams dedicated to treating conditions such as heart disease, and chronic pulmonary obstructive disorder (COPD). We also offer care designed specifically for older adults, including primary care services at El Camino Health Primary Care and our Older Adult Transitions Services (OATS) (an outpatient mental health program for seniors facing life transitions).
- Eldercare services. Our eldercare counselors can help connect you and your family with resources at El Camino Health and throughout the community.
- Fall prevention. We're dedicated to helping you stay safe at home and away with tips and information to help you prevent falls and injuries.
- Resources to promote independence. From our in-home emergency alert system to daily check-in calls and free transportation through RoadRunners, we offer conveniences to help you stay as independent as possible.
- Ethnically-specific information is available through our Chinese Health Initiative and South Asian Heart Center. These programs provide education and information specific to the health needs of the Chinese and South Asian communities. The Chinese Health Initiative also has a Chinese Senior Health Resource Guide that is free for downloading.
- Support for caregivers. Caring for an older adult can be rewarding, but it comes with challenges.
- Volunteer opportunities to stay active and engaged. We offer volunteer opportunities through our Auxiliary, Chinese Health Initiative and South Asian Heart Center.