When you choose El Camino Health for your healthcare, you’ll be working with some of area’s most respected and experienced professionals. Depending on your health and needs, your care team may include doctors and others from a variety of specialties, such as:
- Primary care doctors. Your primary care doctor is at the center of your care. He or she provides routine checkups, preventive care and management of chronic conditions. Your primary care doctor also coordinates with all your doctors, manages your prescriptions and refers you to specialists, when necessary. Through our Senior Health Program, primary care doctors, nutritionists, case workers, mental health professionals, laboratory staff, pharmacists and other dedicated professionals work together to provide seamless care.
- Heart and vascular care specialists. Our cardiologists and other heart and vascular care specialists help prevent and treat a wide range of heart conditions common in older adults.
- Lung care specialists. This team of specialists provides advanced care for lung conditions, such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disorder (COPD) or severe asthma.
- Cancer care specialists. Our cancer team combines experience with the latest technology to offer advanced specialized care for all forms of cancer.
- Orthopedic doctors and surgeons. Arthritis, osteoporosis, back pain and other orthopedic conditions can make everyday activities difficult. Our orthopedic team treats and manages a wide range of conditions to help you maintain an active, independent lifestyle.
- Eldercare counselors. Our eldercare counselors provide information and assistance with a full range of aging-related topics, such as maintaining independence, caregiver stress, driving safety and much more. They can also help evaluate your needs and help you develop long-term care plans and provide information about resources at El Camino Health and throughout the community.
- Health insurance counselors. Through our Health Library & Resource Center, specially trained volunteers of the Health Insurance Counseling and Advocacy Program (HICAP) offer free counseling to older adults. They can help you choose insurance coverage and complete appeals and claims, answer questions about Medicare or other insurance, and explain medical bills and much more.
Your Opinion Matters
Because your comfort and well-being are important to us, we encourage you to take part in your care and welcome your feedback. We’ll take the time to listen to you or your family members and respond with empathy and respect. Nurse managers are available to listen to your feedback, or call or write the patient experience team at 650-962-5836 or firstname.lastname@example.org.